In addition to the precious physical places recognized as World Heritage Sites, Italy also includes 14 goods registered in the list of intangible heritage of humanity UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
A set of techniques, knowledge, traditions, customs and habits handed down from generation to generation and guardians of a unique history.
- The work of the Sicilian puppets (2008)
- Sardinian Tenor Singing (2008)
- Violin making in Cremona (2012)
- Mediterranean Diet (2013). Transnational” element (shared with Cyprus, Croatia, Greece, Morocco, Spain and Portugal)
- Feste delle Grandi Macchine a Spalla (2013), including La Festa dei Gigli di Nola, la Varia di Palmi, la Faradda dei Candelieri di Sassari, the transport of the Macchina di Santa Rosa in Viterbo.
- Vine tree of Pantelleria (2014)
- Falconry (2016), transnational element.
- The Art of the Neapolitan “pizzaiuolo” (2017)
- The art of dry stone walls (2018)
- Perdonanza Celestiniana (2019)
- Mountaineering (2019), transnational element.
- Transhumance (2019), transnational element.
- The art of glass beads (2020)
- The musical art of the hunting horn players of the crew of the Reggia di Venaria (2020)