Venice Islands Day trip: Murano, Burano and Torcello – hr 11:00 AM departure
Enjoy a pleasant boat tour to the charming islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello: 6 hours excursion in the heart of Venice lagoon admiring their beauty and history. By Venice Tours
- 6 hours excursion in the heart of Venice lagoon
- Visit Murano, Burano and Torcello with their histories and traditions
- Panoramic boat trip from Piazza San Marco to the islands and viceversa
Enjoy the Panoramic Venice islands tour: day trip in the norther lagoon to discover Murano, Burano and Torcello. 6 hours to see the islands in all their beauty. After a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon dominated by nature, you will stop in Murano, the glass island, known throughout the world for its glassmaking art. You will visit a Furnace, where you will admire a glass blowing demonstration and learn about the ancient glass-blowing technique (you will stay 1 hour and 15 minutes). The tour will then continue towards Burano, the jewel of the Venetian Lagoon, famous all over the world for its lacemaking and for the brightly colored fishermen’s houses. Take a chance to walk through the 'calli' (the Venetian way to say 'streets') and to admire the ladies embroidering lace handmade products. You will spend more time to stay in Burano, which is probably the most charming island in the lagoon. You will arrive in Burano for lunchtime, so you will have the opportunity to choose one of the typical fish restaurants for a quick lunch or to shop at the handmade lace stores (you will stay 1 hour and 30 minutes). The last, but not the least is the quiet and sparsely populated island of Torcello, the first center of civilization in the estuary. On these island you can admire the oldest churches of the lagoon and discover how Venice was born! (You will stay 1 hour and 15 minutes). You will come back to the islands crossing all the lagoon admiring the fascinating St. Mark’s Basin from the boat. Enjoy the panoramic boat, from where you can take marvelous pictures to Venice and its lagoon.
- Starting time: Every day at 11:00 AM at the Prisons’ Palace (near Doge’s Palace in St. Mark’s Square)
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- Shared guided tour on board with a tour guide
- Glassblowing demonstration in a Murano furnace
- Panoramic boat with toilet
- 1 hour and 15 minutes on Murano
- 1 hour and 30 minutes on Burano and 1 hour on Torcello
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- TO ACCESS ANY INTERIOR (MUSEUM, CHURCH, PALACE, RESTAURANT, WORKSHOP ETC.) ALL PARTICIPANTS OVER 12 YEARS OLD MUST PRESENT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: -PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION -PROOF OF FIRST VACCINATION ADMINISTERED AT LEAST 15 DAYS AGO -PROOF OF A COVID-19 INFECTION IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS -NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY STARTS
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- The use of the mask is MANDATORY aboard and in the glass factory, please bring your own
- The entrance inside the churches in Torcello is not included
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The meeting point is at Murano, Burano and Torcello indication on yellow box in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli), please be there 30 minutes before the beginning of the tour
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The yellow desk is located by the Prisons’ Palace in Riva degli Schiavoni near St. Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, leaving the Basilica on your left, proceed straight on to the two columns, then turn left. Cross one bridge, called Ponte della Paglia, and you will find the yellow desk by the Prisons’ Palace on your left.