Venice: Doge’s Palace and St.Mark’s Basilica – Guided tour
Guided visit in the main attractions of Piazza San Marco! Admire the Golden Basilica and Doge's Palace where you will cross the famous Bridge of Sighs! The guided tour is with skip the line ticket! By Venice Tours
- Visit the main attractions of Piazza San Marco with a qualified local guide
- Cross the Bridge of Sighs
- Avoid the long queue with skip the line tickets
Amazing guided tour of The Doge’s Palace and the marvelous Golden Basilica! The tour begins with a visit to the Doge’s Palace and its marvelous rooms, rich in history and decorated by incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tiepolo and Tiziano. The Golden staircase will leave you speechless: this was the main entrance to the halls of power where the Doge decided the fate of the Republic! Cross the Bridge of Sighs and go through the dark Venetian prisons, where many important figures were imprisoned, including Giacomo Casanova.
Head to the Saint Mark’s Basilica, the five-dome Cathedral, known also as the Golden Basilica due to the interior completely covered by mosaics made with pure gold! The guide will escort you into this byzantine masterpiece and will explain you its history and the meaning of the many biblical scenes that decorate the church.
- Starting time: - from Monday to Saturday at 10:45 AM and 2:15 PM; Sunday at 2:15 PM.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line”: Doge’s Palace and the Basilica guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- TO ACCESS ANY INTERIOR (MUSEUM, CHURCH, PALACE, RESTAURANT, WORKSHOP ETC.) ALL PARTICIPANTS OVER 12 YEARS OLD MUST PRESENT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: -PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION -PROOF OF FIRST VACCINATION ADMINISTERED AT LEAST 15 DAYS AGO -PROOF OF A COVID-19 INFECTION IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS -NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY STARTS
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- For the visit of Basilica proper clothing are required (no short or tank pops)
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- The meeting point is at the brown wooden newsstand with the yellow sign where is written "MEETING POINT", Calle Larga de l'Ascension, St. Mark’s Square, in front of the Post Office. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.