Venice: Doge’s Palace and St.Mark’s Basilica – Guided tour
Guided visit in the main attractions of Piazza San Marco! Admire the Golden Basilica and Doge's Palace where you will cross the famous Bridge of Sighs! The guided tour is with skip the line ticket!
- Visit the main attractions of Piazza San Marco with a qualified local guide
- Cross the Bridge of Sighs
- Avoid the long queue with skip the line tickets
Amazing guided tour of The Doge’s Palace and the marvelous Golden Basilica! The tour begins with a visit to the Doge’s Palace and its marvelous rooms, rich in history and decorated by incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tiepolo and Tiziano. The Golden staircase will leave you speechless: this was the main entrance to the halls of power where the Doge decided the fate of the Republic! Cross the Bridge of Sighs and go through the dark Venetian prisons, where many important figures were imprisoned, including Giacomo Casanova.
Head to the Saint Mark’s Basilica, the five-dome Cathedral, known also as the Golden Basilica due to the interior completely covered by mosaics made with pure gold! The guide will escort you into this byzantine masterpiece and will explain you its history and the meaning of the many biblical scenes that decorate the church.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman at work visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally
- Starting time: every day at 10:45 AM
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line”: Doge’s Palace and the Basilica guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- For the visit of Basilica proper clothing are required (no short or tank pops)
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- The meeting point is at St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.