Matera Guided Tour
The tour of Sassi give you the possibility to discover an ancient landscape. Among alleys, churches and cave house you could admire an historical and cultural place, living a wonderful experience. Let yourselves be guided to the discovery of Matera, a UNESCO site since 1993 and European Capital of Culture!
- Visit of both districts: Sasso Barisano and Sasso Caveoso;
- CUPA CUPA traditional music show;
- Visit of Cave House and rocky church.
- The tour starts from our travel agency (in via A. Volta n. 3/5);
- Stop in Piazza San Francesco in front of the homonymous church;
- Arrival at the Civita, the highest part of the city where you can observe the Cathedral;
- The tour continues through little streets and alleys to reach Via dei Fiorentini;
- Rocky church of Sant’Antonio Abate- Traditional Cave House;
- Local handicraft;
- The tour continues toward Via Madonna delle Virtù and Porta Pistoia. Here there is a widening that serves as a meeting point between the two districts: Sasso Barisano and Sasso Caveoso;
- A brief history of San Pietro Caveoso church;
- The tour end in Piazzetta Pascoli with a view on Sassi.
- Tour of 2h30;
- Rocky church ticket (only for Join In tour);
- Cave House ticket (only for Join In tour);
- Licensed tourist guide.
- Food and beverage;
- Tasting of local product (only on request);
- All not mentioned in “the price includes”.
Si prega di indossare scarpe comode