DOME EXPERIENCE – skip the line
Looking for something special? In need of a bit of phisical activity after a big plate of pasta? Do not waste your time and join our tour for a truly incredible experience...463 steps up and down are a lot but the inside of the dome and the breathtaking view over Florence are worth the climb.
- Skip the lines at the Dome and enjoy a guided tour
- Climb the 463 steps to reach the top of the Dome
- Admire impressive views of Florence from high above
Enjoy our exclusive guided visit to the Dome of the Florence Cathedral.
The history of this monument is ancient and peculiar. It started in 1418, when a contest was announced for the ideal dome design, with a relevant prize of 200 gold florins and eternal fame for the winner. The leading architects of that age came to Florence and presented their ideas. Brunelleschi was the winner and Lorenzo Ghiberti was the co-superintendent. The realisation was hard and with many obstacles. The project had been considered impossible by many engineers.
On March 25 1436, for the Feast of the Annunciation, Pope Eugenius IV and a group of cardinals and bishops consecrated the finished Cathedral.
Since then the Dome is a symbol of the Florentine Renaissance.
- Guided tour of the Dome;
- Skip-the-line ticket;
- The other parts of the complex: cathedral, baptistery, museum and bell tower.
- Customers are required to bring and wear disposable masks;
- Passport or ID card for children.
- It is forbidden to enter in shorts or with uncovered shoulders;
- Not allowed: pets, smoking, luggages or large bags;
- Visitors will need to climb 463 steps;
- No elevators are available;
- The climb is not recommended for people suffering from heart problems, vertigo, or claustrophobia;
- The times of access to the monuments are subject to change due to extraordinary events and depend on the Opera del Duomo schedule;
- The climb is not suitable for pregnant women.