COOKING CLASS IN THE APULIAN MASSERIA
Visit an old farmhouse from the 1600s that is now a farm and learn about and use the different types of wheat and cereals, by grinding and mixing. Prepare your focaccia topped with ingredients collected from the garden and make the typical shapes of Pugliese pasta: Orecchiette, Cavatelli and Laganari.
- Visit an old farmhouse from the 1600s
- Taste the dishes you have prepared!
- Learn about and use the different types of wheat and cereals
Visiting a masseria, collecting products from the garden, taking a cooking class are certainly unique experiences to live in Puglia.
With our Tour you can experience all this in a single excursion.
You will literally put your hands in the local gastronomic traditions. Our tour begins by visiting the Masseria that hosts us which dates back to 1600, once fortified to defend itself from attacks by Saracen pirates, and which today houses a multifunctional farm (organic farm, farmhouse, educational farm) rich in history and charm , where the ancient agricultural vocation is combined with authentic hospitality.
We learn to know and use the different types of wheat and cereals, grinding and kneading: how flour is obtained and how it is used.Each participant will prepare their own focaccia , to be seasoned with ingredients collected together from the garden, and will make typical shapes of wheat semolina pasta: Orecchiette, Cavatelli and Laganari.
At the end, tasting of the dishes prepared.
transforming them into typical dishes of the Apulian tradition will leave you with an extraordinary memory of the authentic flavors of this wonderful land.
- Visit Masseria Laboratory
- Lunch or dinner with appetizers (prepared focaccia + 3 other courses);
- 2 tastings of pasta made during the lesson;
- water and wine
- Aperitif before lunch or dinner
- Transfer service to / from the Masseria
- Purchase of products from the farm hosting the experience
- Health Insurance
- Tips and Extra in General
- Please inform us in advance if you have any food intolerances or allergies. Thank you!
- Contact the supplier if you need to pick up from the Hotel and or Structure
- If you are having problems finding the designated meeting point, call us at +39 392 9858073 or +39 393 4995686 we will provide you with all the information you need