Grand tour of Matera
With the Grand Tour of Matera you will discover history and curiosity of this wonderful city. You will admire the best place of this ancient city and appreciate people who live here.
- Visit of both districts: Sasso Barisano and Sasso Caveoso;
- Visit of Casa Cava;
- Visit of Cave House and rocky churches.
- Meeting point with the guide in our travel agency (in Via Lucana 15);
- The tour starts in Piazza Vittorio Veneto with brief historical notes on the city, named UNESCO heritage;
- The first stop is San Giovanni Battista, a beautiful church in Apulian Romanesque style;
- The tour continues with the visit of Casa Cava an underground environment used as a tuff quarry. Today is an auditorium and Congress Centre;
- Reached the Sasso Barisano, you will visit the rocky church of Sant’Antonio Abate;
- Then, the tour continues the Sasso Caveoso to visit an ancient Cave House;
- A little stop in Via Madonna delle Virtù to admire the wonderful landscape. Here you will admire the canyon of Gravina;
- The next stop is another important rocky church, Madonna delle Grazie;
- The tour continues util one of the most important churches of the old town, the Purgatory Church;
- The tour ends with the see of the Cathedral in Apulian Romanesque style which was built in the highest part of the city.
• Certified tour guide
• Entrance to the church of Saint Anthony Abbot and Madonna della Grazie
• Cave house “C’era una volta”
• Casa cava
• Food and drink
• Pick-up and return service
• Sleeve (optional)
Si prega di indossare scarpe comode
Está a punto de comprar un producto suministrado por